1923 Canadian 25 Cent Shinplaster Bill (241958C)
Police Auctions Canada
- Sold Winning Bid: $25.49
- 17 Bid(s) View Bid History
- High Bidder: kevinrobindra
Item # 52083910
1923 Canadian 25 Cent Shinplaster Bill SKU# 241958C
Don't miss out on this wonderful glimpse into the past and a part of Canada's monetary history with this Dominion of Canada twenty five cent bill from 1923. An interesting fact, historically these were called "Shinplasters", referring to the fractional currency that was first introduced to Canada in 1870. 25-cent notes were printed as a temporary solution to the shortage of Canadian coin. The issue became so popular with the public that it remained in circulation for many years. Shinplaster issues were done for the years 1900 and 1923. A fascinating bill you won't want to miss out on.
1923 Dominion of Canada 25 Cent Shinplaster Bill:
- Obverse: shows right facing portrait of Britannia wearing a helmet and holding a trident and reads "THE DOMINION OF CANADA WILL PAY ON DEMAND TWENTY FIVE CENTS" and features a date that reads "OTTAWA, JULY 2nd, 1923"
- Reverse: shows an intricate design and reads "25 CENTS, CANADIAN BANK NOTE COMPANY, LIMITED"
- Printed Signatures: S.P. McCavour (Controller of Currency / J.C Saunders (Deputy Minister of Finance)
- Bill comes in protective plastic sleeve
Please note, this bill has not been professionally graded or appraised.
See pictures for details.
Condition: Bill appears to be in circulated condition and shows some dirt, wear, discoloration, stain marks and creasing from normal use and age. Again note that this bill has not been professionally graded or appraised.
Item is sold in 'as is' condition.
|Canada Post: $16.85 ($5.00 as additional item)|
|Toronto Pick Up: $0.00 ($0.00 as additional item)|
* Item Location: 234 Norseman Street Toronto, Ontario * .... Items are required to be paid in 7 days.... - For items being Shipped, credit card payments can be processed through Paypal at Checkout........... - * Payment for items being picked up can be made in advance online by e-Transfer to [email protected] or in person.