1954 Canadian "Devil's Face" $20 Dollar Bill (241947C)
Police Auctions Canada
- Sold Winning Bid: $58.75
- 36 Bid(s) View Bid History
- High Bidder: AdaH
Item # 51705425
1954 Canadian "Devil's Face" $20 Dollar Bill SKU# 241947C
Every now and then an item comes along with such a fascinating back story that it's just too good to resist and this Canadian "Devil's Face" twenty dollar bill from 1954 is just that type of item. It's said that if you look closely, the design in the Queen's hairstyle somewhat resembles the face of the Devil, which is why when people started to notice this, the bill was removed from circulation, making it now a wonderful and rare collector's item. Whether you're a seasoned collector or just starting out, this bill is definitely something you won't want to miss out on!
1954 Canadian "Devil's Face" $20 Dollar Bill :
- Obverse: shows left facing portrait of Queen Elizabeth II with what resembles a Devil's face in her hair and reads "CANADA 20 TWENTY DOLLARS, BANK OF CANADA, OTTAWA 1954, CANADIAN BANK NOTE COMPANY LIMITED"
- Reverse: shows an image of The Laurentians in a winter scene and reads "20 TWENTY DOLLARS BANK OF CANADA"
- Serial Prefix: EE
- Printed Signatures: J.R. Beattie (Deputy Governor) / J.E. Coyne (Governor)
- Bill comes in protective plastic sleeve
Please note, this bill has NOT been professionally graded or appraised.
See pictures for details.
Condition: Bill appears to be in circulated condition and shows some dirt, wear, stains, creasing and some edge tears from use and age. Red pen mark on the obverse side. Again note that this bill has not been professionally graded or appraised.
Item is sold in 'as is' condition.
|Canada Post: $19.15 ($5.00 as additional item)|
|Toronto Pick Up: $0.00 ($0.00 as additional item)|
* Item Location: 234 Norseman Street Toronto, Ontario * .... Items are required to be paid in 7 days.... - For items being Shipped, credit card payments can be processed through Paypal at Checkout........... - * Payment for items being picked up can be made in advance online by e-Transfer to [email protected] or in person.