|Current Price||$41.75 ( ) Successful|
|Buy Now Price||$0.00|
|No Reserve Available for immediate purchase.|
|Bid History||23 Bids|
1923 Canadian 25 Cent Shinplaster Bill SKU# 165621C
Don't miss out on this wonderful glimpse into the past and a part of Canada's monetary history with this twenty five cent bill from 1923! A interesting fact, historically these were called "Shinplasters", referring to the fractional currency that was first introduced to Canada in 1870. 25-cent notes were printed as a temporary solution to the shortage of Canadian coin. The issue became so popular with the public that it remained in circulation for many years. Shinplaster issues were done for the years 1900 and 1923. Whether you're a seasoned collector, just starting out or even just looking to possibly make some profit, this bill is definitely something you won't want to miss out on!
1923 Canadian 25 cent Shinplaster Bill:
- Front face shows right facing portrait of Britannia holding a trident and reads "THE DOMINION OF CANADA WILL PAY ON DEMAND TWENTY FIVE CENTS" and features a date that reads "OTTAWA, JULY 2nd, 1923"
- Reverse face shows an intricate design and reads "25 CENTS, CANADIAN BANK NOTE COMPANY, LIMITED"
- Bill comes in protective plastic sleeve
See pictures for details.
Condition: Bill appears to be in circulated condition and shows a fair bit of creasing and is missing some segments. Again note that this bill has NOT been professionally graded or appraised.
Item is sold in 'as is' condition.
- Canada Post: $15.95 ($5.00 as additional item)
- Toronto Pick Up - Thursday & Friday: $0.00
- Accepts PayPal if Shipped and Payment on Pickup
- Payment Instructions: * Item Location: 234 Norseman Street Toronto, Ontario * ........ Items are required to be paid in 7 days............................For items being Shipped, credit card payments can be processed through Paypal at Checkout.......................... * Pick up items must be paid in person by cash, Debit or Visa/Master Card. * Pick Up Hours: Thursday and Friday 10 am to 6 pm.